IGNOU On-Demand Exam
IGNOU On-Demand Exam – IGNOU has developed the On Demand Exam Scheme by NCIDE. The scheme is fully operational for more than 135 courses through 18 Regional Centers. Several students are appearing in On-Demand Exam as per their need and convenience. The software for generating individualized question papers and for on-line registration for On-Demand exam have been developed in-house in NCIDE with the help the Students Evaluation Division, Regional Services Division and the IGNOU Regional Center, the scheme of On-Demand Examination is now fully operational.
Eligibility to Appear in On-Demand Exam
Already registered student of IGNOU for a programme being offered by the University, has the option to appear in the On-Demand Exam provided the student has completed the minimum eligibility time and has valid registration period. The eligible students can appear in the examination through ODES as per their wish and preparation as and when they feel ready for the examination, subject to availability of the seats on the day of his/her choice at the On-Demand Exam center and also the availability of the question bank in that particular course.
Features of the Scheme of On-Demand Exam
- Encryption of the Question papers immediately after their generation,
- Exam conducted under web-based closed circuit camera surveillance,
- Online submission of the awards and marks by the examination superintendent.
- No need to wait for the six-monthly term end examination,
- Choice of deciding the date of exam lies with students,
- Automated online clarification of doubts and information to the students,
- Online issue of IGNOU Hall Ticket mentioning the date, venue and time of examination,
- Multi-mode registration-fee payment system including online payment through Credit Card or payment through bank draft,
- Individualized question papers for different students generated on the day of examination,
- Multilayer security system to maintain confidentiality and secrecy of the entire process ,
- Students can register online for On-Demand Exam any time from any where,
- Online submission of attendance on the day of exam, and
Process of Registration for On-Demand Exam
The registration for the On-Demand Exam can be done only online through IGNOU website. If an exam fee is paid by Credit Card, the Hall Ticket is generated instantaneously and the student can take its printout. Registration fee can also be paid through bank draft in favor of IGNOU. In that case an acknowledgement receipt is generated immediately and the student is required to submit the original bank draft along with a copy of the acknowledgement receipt at the concerned Regional Center. After receiving the bank draft at the Regional Center, his/her registration for On-Demand Exam is confirmed and information to that effect is automatically sent to the student’s account which can be accessed by him/her using his/her registration number allotted at the time of online registration.